Saturday, November 6, 2010

A couple of things

I know I still have yet to write about India, Singapore, and now Vietnam and Cambodia, but I was feeling terribly sick and I have had a lot of schoolwork to do.  Now I think I am going to hold off on writing about it for a little longer and just inform you guys about some things happening here. 

In India a girl was hospitalized for malaria and she just got out of the ICU in Chennai after 14 days there.

And very sad, very recent news is that yesterday one of the students on Semester at Sea was found unresponsive in his room.  I'm not going to say much about it, but here is a statement if you want to know more.

http://www.semesteratsea.org/what-s-new-at-sas-/press-releases/statement-from-president-les-mccabe-on-death-of-semester-at-sea-participant.php

I'll be writing more soon,

M

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mick. They e-mailed us about this. I am sorry to hear that something so sad has happened on your trip. Keep your spirits up and know that we are glad you are safe! Be careful! We love you!
    Charlene and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better! So sorry about this terrible news. I hope you're ok!
    love B

    ReplyDelete